About this Document
What personal data we collect
When you register on broadstreet.co.za, we collect personal information about you. Whether you sign up to Broadstreet as a consumer or a business we collect the following…
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your postal code
- A password of your choosing.
If you sign-up to advertise your business on Broadstreet, we also collect the following…
- Your business’s address and contact details
- Your business’s status (e.g. Ltd, Sole Trader etc)
As you create your business profile on Broadstreet for the purpose of advertising your business, you may also provide other information including a description of your business, opening hours, details of your products and services etc…
The lawful basis for processing this information is to fulfil our contract to you to advertise your business, deals and event or to write reviews on Broadstreet.
We do not collect or store credit card details on our server.
Broadstreet may set and access basic cookies on your computer as a site user. These cookies are used purely to enhance your user experience and are kept to a minimum. Most cookies are session cookies that expire and are removed when you end your session.
You are free to turn cookies off using your browser settings but certain sections of the site will no longer work without cookies enabled.
We use Google Adsense to provide relevant adverts to our users. Google may set cookies on your computer as part of this provision.
Who has access to your personal data?
Broadstreet does not rent, sell, or share any of your personal data with any 3rd parties.
We limit access to personal information about you to Broadstreet employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. Any data we collect is securely stored on our database server.
In the case where you write a review of a business on Broadstreet, your name and Locality will be published alongside your review.
We do not take online payment payment at the moment, if you sign-up as a Premium Member your basic contact details are not shared with any provider for the purpose of handling the transaction and future direct debits.
All transactions are via direct transfer and fulfillment is carried out by by our staff on receive of proof of payment and you are notified accordingly.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided.
What do we use your personal data for?
- To advertise your business on Broadstreet, within search engines and on social media sites
- To track usage of broadstreet.co.za
- To allow us to contact you regarding your activity on broadstreet.co.za
- To allow us to contact you regarding new features and services on broadstreet.co.za
- To provide you with customer support
- To respond to enquiries, complaints and disputes
- To investigate, detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to be Informed – (this document)
- Right of Access – You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold. Please get in touch if you would like a copy of the personal data we hold.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to be forgotten and have your information removed from Broadstreet. Please contact us if you would like your personal data to be deleted.
Please contact us if you have any queries or issues relating to this policy.
Changes to this Policy
Broadstreet may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Business Listing or account username, or by placing a prominent notice on the site.